Sunday, April 28, 2013

Take Each Day And Treasure It And Learn To Love Others

Monday, April 1, 2013


One of the things I did while I was on my 8 week ban from reading The Book of Mormon was I wrote Testimonies about some Bible scriptures. One of the sister missionaries was ever so kind as to email me the lessons to where they coincided with the Bible rather than The Book of Mormon. Thank you Sister Frisan! With that being said, the next few posts will be my Testimonies from the Bible or relating to the Bible.

Readings:          John 3:16-17, Acts 17:27-29, Romans 8:16, Hebrews 12:9, 1 John 4:7-9

In these readings we are told of God's love for us. That we are His offspring and that the Holy Ghost will bear witness to this and a testimony of this being true to us.
I think this is a gentle reminder to us that our Heavenly Father is much like our parents, or rather, they are much like Him. Our Heavenly Father is there to guide us much like our parents do. Today I saw something about how parents love their children more than life itself. I think this very much applies to the love our Heavenly Father has for each of us.
In 1 John, we are told to love one another just as God loves each and everyone of us. He loves us no matter what and this is how we should be. We need to follow His example and loves each other unconditionally.
I saw a post the other day that more or less said "If we don't love each other, than how can we love God? For God is love." He is also the life and salvation.
On a day to day basis, we need to strive to show each other that we love the other. It can be as simple as sharing food. My example of love today was not just saying I loved someone, I showed it. I shared my lunch of Cheez-It crackers with both my sister and friend.
Take each day, hold it as a precious, special day and learn to love each other.



(Feel free to comment! I would love any feedback I can get! :) )   

No comments:

Post a Comment