Sunday, April 28, 2013

"If Any Of You Lack Wisdom, Let Him Ask Of GOD"

Wednesday, April 3, 2013


Readings:          Acts 10:34-43, Amos 3:7

Our Heavenly Father so loved the world that He has blessed us with the gift of prophets, apostles, and prayer. Prophets have direct communication with God, like we do, but they seem to receive far more answers through revelation than us. Apostles also help guide our lives. Both help us to better understand God. They also share testimonies with us that enable us to learn more.
While I was in a frustrated state, Elder Eberle kindly shared James 1 with me. James 1 expresses the necessity of patience. Elder Eberle said that "challenges help us build patience, and patience builds experience, then hope, and hope is awesome :)."
As I was reading James 1, there were a few verses that really stuck out to me. The first one is verse 5 which says "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given to him." In this verse, we are told that we can ask God for help when we need it. But I'm sure many of us feel like we don't get answers. I think verses 6-8 answers why this is. They say "But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed (6). For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord (7). A double minded man is unstable in his ways (8)." These say the reasons as to why the Prophet and Apostles receive far more revelation than we do. Elder Haggard asked me to watch one of the Apostle's testimonies and I can say that his faith was absolutely unwavering. There was not a doubt in his mind.
If we also ask and trust in faith, we can also receive more revelation and help from God. Have faith, trust God.



(Feel free to comment! I would love any feedback I can get! :) )   

No comments:

Post a Comment